Director of Youth Ministries
Deep River Friends Meeting is a Christ-centered faith community gathered around the leadership of the Living Christ. We seek to live in the way of Jesus through our faithfulness to his leadings and our Quaker testimonies of simplicity, peace, integrity, community, equality, and service. We have no greater allegiance than to the kingdom of God. We have no greater privilege than serving our community and making God’s love real.
Deep River Friends Meeting is seeking a qualified candidate for the Director of Youth Ministries position. The primary focus of this position will be to coordinate and work directly with the middle school and high school-aged students of the Meeting to create a thriving community of young folks who are interested in discovering and sharing their faith in Christ.
The Director of Youth Ministry will be responsible for regularly programming activities that foster relationships amongst youth as they grow in their faith. There will be an emphasis on (i) building a dynamic program that attracts and engages youth; (ii) developing an accepting space for youth to explore their faith; and (iii) creating opportunities to make God’s love real through service to others.
Key Expectations and Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating and overseeing a consistent program for middle and high school-aged youth.
- Providing timely communication with the meeting and families on a regular basis regarding upcoming events, activities
- Being present at Meeting for Worship, Christian Education Committee meetings and other regular meetings and gatherings.
- Teaching Sunday School lessons and/or coordinating volunteers within the Meeting to teach lessons.
- Once a year, facilitating Youth Sunday and Graduation Sunday.
- Connecting with and supporting the youth in their extra-curricular activities (i.e. sporting events, music concerts, art exhibits, plays, etc.)
Day-to-day supervision of this position will be to the Pastoral Minister. Overall supervision and reviews will reside with Ministry and Counsel. The types of skills we are looking for in a candidate include:
- Comfortable sharing his/her spiritual journey
- Passionate for positively impacting young people
- Good organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills (people person)
- Approachable and open
- Self-starter / takes initiative
- Familiar with the use of social media and technology
Deep River Friends Meeting is a Quaker meeting located in the North High Point area. We average approximately 100 in Sunday worship. We have an active young children’s program called DREAM (Deep River Elementary Age Ministry) and a middle / high school program called
The position has been designed for approximately 10 hours a week on average; with gross compensation equaling $775 a month.
Please direct inquiries or resumes to:
Scott Wagoner, 5300 West Wendover Avenue, High Point, NC 27265 or electronically at email@example.com.